· Broad-range Enthusiast & Tech Info
· Historical & Contemporary Reference
· · Italian Design Houses
· · Model/Carrozzeria Specific Sites
· Sources for Breaking News
· Repair, Maintenance & Tech Info
· · Paint
· · Spark Plugs
· U.S. Parts & Accessories Sources
· Non-U.S. Parts Sources
· Specialized Parts & Services
· · Convertible Tops & Upholstery, Seat Sets; Dashboard Replacement/Caps
· · Gauge & Speedometer Repair/Restoration
· · Fuel System—Carburetors
· · Supplies, Chemicals and Specialty Refinishing equipment for restoration
· · Upholstery & Carpet
· · Wiring
Broad-range Websites: Enthusiast, Tech, Restoration, Motorsports
Alfa Bulletin Board – An incredible wealth of information with a search engine for specific interests. Discussion forums include: repair info, specific models, parts and cars for sale, competition, restoration advice, history, photos, and more.
AROC National – National AROC maintains a tech resource and bank of volunteers who will take questions via email.
Alfa Romeo Giuliettas – The “Go-to” about 750-101 series; history, restoration, etc. Sign up for Matt Hamilton’s market letter.
Historical & Contemporary Reference Material
History of the Modern Spider – Modern Alfa Romeo spider history
Alfa Romeo Company Historical Archives – A bit difficult to navigate, but there is a link to request information from the archive.
Italian Design Houses
Italian car design is one of the greatest manifestations of industrial design in the 20th century. These sites provide a perspective on the major design houses and designers who represent the wellspring of many concepts incorporated in world-wide automotive architecture.
· Carrozeria Touring Milan
· Giorgio Giugiaro
News Related to Alfas, Italian Cars, Motorsports & Auto Industry
Italiaspeed – Wide ranging news including racing, enthusiast, clubs and product news.
Automotive News Europe – Website with daily news about European automakers for industry insiders. Much of the content is available free by signing up. Also, a daily email with a early morning video news program on breaking auto news. Newsletters Sign up for emailed newsletters with news and articles related to the Italian automotive world:
AutoItalia – Newsletter from “The World’s Leading Italian Car Magazine” (per AutoItalia)
Veloce Today – Newsletter plus archived articles, photographs, event information & more.
Motorsports: Racetracks, Events, Course layouts, Calendar and Race cars for Sale
Summit Point Raceway
Virginia International Raceway (VIR)
Goodwood Festival of Speed
Sports Car Vintage Racing Association
Vintage Sports Car Drivers Association
Vintage Race Cars for Sale
Vintage Sports Car Club of America (VSCCA)
Vintage Racing Group (VRG)
Repair & Maintenance Data & Tech Information
How To Workshop Guides – Extensive step-by step instructions for repairing and servicing a variety of Alfas.
Wurster’s Foreign Car Service in Franklin, TN –
Bodywork @ Alfa Bulletin Board – Is Bondo bad? The answers to this and other puzzles about repairing sheet metal on Alfas are discussed.
Brakes @ Alfa Bulletin Board – An excellent article on rebuilding irreplaceable brake master cylinders.
SPICA @ Wes Ingram Enterprises – Detailed maintenance, repair and tuning information from experts in SPICA. At the bottom of the home page, there are 3 links to click: Fuel Supply Diagnostics Guide, Roadside Diagnostics Guide, plus Replacing and Adjusting the Thermostatic Actuator. All 3 are invaluable to SPICA owners.
Weber & Dellorto Carburetors – A detailed tech article on how to select and tune DCOE units. His home page also has a link for a download of his text on tuning Dellorto carbs.
· Paint @ Alfa Bulletin Board – In need of new paint on your Alfa? There are choices so what’s best? This article tells all.
· Classic Alfa Colors (OEM) – Links to examples of most exterior and interior interior colors. Taken from 1972 charts, but applicable to many years.
· Paint codes for Alfas Search by year – Photos of actual color chips: www.glasurit.com A bit complex to use: Move cursor to “Color” and then click on
“Search for a Formula”. Best to use * as wild card where it calls for color name, and some years only contain new colors for that year, so search prior year (s). Useful because it provides images of historic paint cards.
· Strappe – An informative article on what sparkplugs can tell you about your engine.
Parts & Services: Broad-line US Parts & Accessories Sources
Alfa Parts – Berkeley CA based parts supplier
Alfissimo – Specializing in parts for 164 and Milano. Inquire via their email link.
Centerline Alfa – Parts including performance and suspension upgrades, fuel, ignition and exhaust system parts and more.
Re-Originals – Extensive catalog of restoration parts: body, interior and mechanical. Many are newly manufactured.
Non-US Based Parts & Accessories
The Internet has made international purchases easy due to email and online ordering. Parts that are hard to find in the US are often available through European sources. Compare pricing and shipping costs. A currency converter is available at www.xe.com/ucc/.
AFRA (Italy) – Major Alfa supplier for Europe for more than 55 years. Often has parts unobtainable elsewhere. May be slow to respond to inquiries but when certain new, OEM parts are desired, AFRA may be the best option.
Alfaholics (UK) – GTA replica wheels, GTA replica parts including aluminum body panels, oil coolers radiators and other performance and replacement parts.
Alfastop (UK) – Brake, clutch, engine, steering, suspension & transmission parts, exhausts, books and manuals
Classic Alfa (UK) – Large variety including rare and specialized parts like replacement dash knob sets for early 750 and 101 series, brand new fuel tanks, conversion kits to replace US bumpers with Euro ones.
Highwood Alfa (UK) – Many parts including performance parts/ accessories, paint stickers, and other ID plates and decals
Ital-Parts ( Netherlands) – A wide range of new and reproduction parts for older Alfa’s back to the 6C 1750; also Ferrari, Lancia, Carello, Veglia, Borrani
Specialty Parts & Services
Badges @ Black Bart’s Emporium – A large variety including many hard-to-find OEM badges.
Body Panels @ Wolf Steel Panels – Replacement floor & body panels for Sprints through GTV6 including 102/106 cars.
EZ Cool Insulation – Lightweight heat and sound insulation barrier (40 sq./ft weighs less than 2 lbs). Same material as used in NASCAR etc.
SPICA @ Wes Ingram Enterprises – Rebuilding services for SPICA injection pumps; also modification for hotter street and competition use.
Lighting & Bulbs @ Service Lighting – Amber & clear fog lights for GTV & others using 5 ¾” ( PAR46); also aircraft landing lights in the same size if you need something stronger.
Panasport Wheels @ Paul Spruell Motorsport – Replica Panasports with modern alloy composition. Also performance parts including Carrillo con rods.
Seat Belts @ Andover Restraints – A comprehensive selection of seat belts/harnesses including period appropriate belts and fittings for 50-60’s, and 70’s cars.
Weatherstripping & Rubber components – Rubber compoinents for Alfas including weatherstripping, hoses, even rubber mat sets for almost every post-war Alfa
· Pierce Manifolds – Large range of off the shelf and custom fuel system solutions
· Weber Carbs Direct – Source for genuine Weber carburetors, Weber conversion kits and Weber spare parts.
Upholstery & Carpet
· Vinyl Cleaners and Softeners – Many Alfas have aging vinyl upholstery that may not need to be replaced and can be treated instead. This source has a variety of vinyl and leather treatments.
· World Upholstery & Trim – Replacement carpet, seat sets & foam for most Alfas from 1955. DIY or take to a local auto trim service.
· Classic Wiring – A specialist in Alfa wiring harnesses. Website lists Alfa models and prices for harnesses for each model.
· Rhode Island Wire – Electrical connectors, wiring harnesses, parts, & wire Will duplicate old wiring harnesses.